Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center announces new board member
Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center is pleased to announce the appointment of Darnell Byrd McPherson to its Board of Trustees.
Mrs. McPherson currently serves as the Executive Director of Darlington County First Steps (DCFS) and has held this position since 2008. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Southern Wesleyan University in Human Resources Management, and was later authorized to practice as a Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker. In 2011, she completed the S.C. Education Policy Fellows Program and in 2014 was named by the Region IV Head Start Association Humanitarian of the Year and Hartsville Chapter of Omega Psi Phi, Alpha Beta Beta Chapter’s Citizen of the Year. In 2015, McPherson was presented the Woman of Achievement Award by the Greater Hartsville Chamber of Commerce, and the Murray L. Vincent Outstanding Prevention Professional Award by the S.C. Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
“It is an honor to be invited to serve on the CPRMC Board of Directors,” said McPherson. “I began my journey with CPRMC as an Auxiliary Volunteer ten years ago and have witnessed firsthand the commitment and quality of care provided to its patients. Our organization, Darlington County First Steps, began a partnership four years ago with CPRMC and the Darlington County Library System to offer to each mother giving birth at the hospital a literacy kit known as the Welcome Baby Bag. This literacy kit includes baby books, helpful reading materials for parents, baby supplies, information about obtaining a library card and other related materials. It is with great anticipation I continue this journey and learn more about the internal work of the hospital, and how the Board can ensure the continuous improvement of quality services, transparency and accountability in support of this valuable life-saving institution.”
“We are honored and delighted that Darnell is joining the team at Carolina Pines,” said Jon Shannon, Chair of the CPRMC Board of Trustees. “Her leadership and passions in support of building healthy communities align perfectly with our mission. With her help, we look forward to finding new and better ways to serve the region’s health and wellness needs.”
The CPRMC Board of Trustees includes:
• Jerry Ellison, President of JBE, Inc.
• Tony Floyd, Executive Vice President, Coker College
• Phyllis Griggs, Athletic Director of Hartsville High School
• David Hoffman, Organizational Effectiveness Director of Duke Energy
• Darnell Byrd-McPherson, Executive Director of Darlington County First Steps
• Brian Risinger, Corporate Communications of Sonoco
• Jon Shannon, EVP and CIO of SC Governor’s School for Science and Math
• Sherron Skipper, City Clerk of City of Hartsville
• Dr. Abraham Areephanthu, Chief of Staff of CPRMC, Family Practitioner, The Medical Group
• Dr. Mac Chapman, Internist, The Medical Group
• Dr. Tom Mincheff, General Surgeon, Hartsville Surgical Center
• Dr. Leroy Robinson, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Women’s Care of Hartsville
• Dr. Pete Smith, Anesthesiologist, CPRMC
• Bill Little, CEO of CPRMC. Carolina Pines Regional Medical Center is partially owned by physicians.