HHS student to appear in new ABC hit series, Boy Band!
Our own Stone Martin, Hartsville High class of 2017, is part of an exciting new series on ABC called, “Boy Band.” The series begins THIS THURSDAY, June 22, at 8:00PM on ABC.
Stone lives in Hartsville, SC and was a 2-year All-State and Advanced Choir member under the direction of Hartsville High’s Dr. Jim Beaumier. He is an accomplished pianist and singer, receiving a scholarship to study at Brevard and was a student of Dr. Ryan Smith through the Coker PULSE program. The talented young man studied at the "A Cappella Academy" last summer in Los Angeles and was accepted again for this summer. He was accepted as a music major at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA. You may remember Stone was also on X-Factor” when he was still in 8th grade.
From the website:
""Boy Band" is a new series where talented singers battle it out to become a member of the next great music sensation. And for the first time ever, viewers at home will vote for their favorite five band members, live, creating a group America can truly call its own.
"Host Rita Ora welcomes 30 of the best young male vocalists in the country to Hollywood, where they audition before musical icons Emma Bunton, Nick Carter and Timbaland. Only 18 performers will make the cut and advance to the next round. Thus begins the mixing and matching, as the architects form three groups of six to compete in the next phase of the competition. Band one, Uplift, takes the stage.
The young talent competing for boy band superstardom include:
- Stone Martin (18) – Hartsville, SC
- Drew Ramos (19) – Bronx, NY
- Jon Klaasen (19) – Greenwood, IN
- Cameron Armstrong (22) – Columbia, SC
- Andrew Butcher (17) – Greenwood, IN
- Miles Wesley (19) – Marble Falls, TX
- Santino Cardinale (18) – Las Vegas, NV
- Gianni Cardinale (16) – Las Vegas, NV
- Marcus Pendleton (16) – Nashville, TN
- Gavin Becker (18) – Philadelphia, PA
- Sergio Calderon (16) – Redwood City, CA
- Cam Jackson (19) – Willingboro, NJ
- Michael Conor (17) – Cleveland, OH
- Nate Wyatt (20) – Cincinnati, OH
- Jay Gilbert “J Hype” (14) – Las Vegas, NV
- Jaden Gray (16) – Hawthorne, CA
- Chance Perez (19) – Seal Beach, CA
- Alan Ayala (18) – Monterey, Mexico
- Timmy Thames (17) – Malibu, CA
- Zack Taylor (24) – Kansas City, MO
- Dylan Rey (17) – Plano, TX
- Andrew Bloom (19) – Yorba Linda, CA
- Matthew Dean (19) – Thousand Oaks, CA
- Lukas James (15) – Sarasota, FL
- Mikey Jimenez (17) – East Los Angeles, CA
- Dorian Tyler (15) – Memphis, TN
- Brady Tutton (15) – Shorewood, WI
- Paul Toweh (21) – Liberia, Monrovia
- Jordan Grizzle (22) – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Devin Hayes (17) – Springfield, IL
For more information, please visit ABC’s BoyBand webpage at http://abc.go.com/shows/boy-band.